FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
245 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Did you upgrade and SIM card cannot connect anymore ?.. I did too, solution is downgrading.

Tried upgraded to the latest, RUT9_R_00.07.01.4 - then simcard could not connect to provider anymore. Tried manual selecting and scanning. Different settings. Could not get it to work.

Tried downgrading to RUT9_R_00.07.01.2. This did not work either. Simcard could not connect.

Tried downgrading to RUT9_R_00.07.00.2. Then Simcard did work! :) But this set the device back to factory mode. That means that my WAN went back to dhcp. (I had several machines connected to WAN port). So I had to configure WAN as LAN.
See here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Setting_up_WAN_as_LAN

Now it works!

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
tip to Teltonika: The new interface with menu is jumping up and down. Would be nice to just expand all in advanced mode.

Would be nice to export GSM settings. Install latest software. Then import the GSM settings again to see if it works. Cause the system tries to connect then disconnect very fast again. I found "gsmctl" does only show values, but I cannot add values to the system. Is there another tool ?
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank your for contacting Teltonika Networks support forum.

We are currently working on issues related to mobile internet connection and solutions will be provided in the upcoming 7.2 FW version which is scheduled to release quite soon.

When downgrading from a major release, let's say 7.1 to 7.0 keep setting option is not available as newer version have configuration files that would not be compatible with older releases

Regards,

Paulius
by anonymous
Thank you. Looking forward to 7.2.
After my experience now, and several hours of upgrading/downgrading I do not feel confident upgrading remotely..

If there is a way to check the new modem connection works remotely, and then automatically revert back to original after some minutes.. then I can follow the system through RMS, and see if the new modem connection worked or not.