FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
349 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Dear community,

i have a problem with access on lan devices in one of my VPN clients. I have VPS server with OpenVPN software (debian). I generated two client *.opvn files and using them on:

1.  my personal pc
  2. RUT950 OpenVPN client configured with FILE

Description

Im successfully connected to my own VPN network, with personal pc (1), my assigned IP is 10.8.0.3

When i try to ping my RUT950 with 10.8.0.2 i got an answer and easily can login into WebUI and work on it. All works!!

But, in my router's network is only one device with IP: 192.168.0.236 and i need to access him directly (SSH + web interface)

Im trying to loggin into CLI from WebUI and ping address, i got answer (i know its possible to access with SSH, but i need access directly)

Is there a solution how to access this device in my CLIENTS internal network in internal network of my house? For example under address 192.168.55.236??

NETWORK

HOME PC

INTERNAL 192.168.0.0/24

VPN 10.8.0.3

... A LOT OF DEVICES

RUT950 LAN

INTERNAL 192.168.0.0/24

VPN 10.8.0.2

RUT950 LAN IP: 192.168.0.210

DEVICE WHAT I WANT ACCESS: 192.168.0.236

Additional informations

• Router FW: RUT9_R_00.07.01.4 (newest)

by anonymous
its can be problem with same internal networks of both clients?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Yes, you should use different internal networks for each client of the VPN. Please, modify one of those networks. Also, for OpenVPN client-to-client communication, you must push the necessary routes via the Push option and enable client to client on the OpenVPN server. You can check a similar configuration example on the following wikipage:

OpenVPN configuration examples - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

by anonymous
Thanks for answer diego. I try solution with another client's subnet ip. I solved by forwarding port from internal *:80 to VPN *:8080