FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
369 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I have a RUTX11 that I wanted to use for a customer site, they have as primary connection a 1Gig ethernet connection.  Actual tested speed is about 920Mbit/s.  When I tried to set up RUTX11 in this scenario, I was only able to achieve about 740Mbit/s throughput using iperf3.  I did use multiple streams and packet size of 256, 512, or 1024. When I remove the RUTX11, I am able to get full speed.

I have firmware RUTX_R_00.07.01.4 and have started from a factory reset condition.

I enabled Software flow offloading and it helped a little but still not full speed. I am not using any custom firewall rules or packet inspection.

Is RUTX11 capable of routing NAT with 900+ Mbit speed?

Thank you

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello and thank you for contacting us, this is Martín, Tech Support Engineer for Teltonika Networks.

Technically, the RUTX11 does have Gigabit interfaces, however, the traffic processing inside of the device can partially bottleneck the transmission. The WAN traffic requires Routing, Firewall and NAT, and there is an expected CPU performance impact on the device when using the WAN connection at such high speeds. Software Flow Offloading can help as this disables QoS and SQM features, but still it can't enable the full speed usage from this connection.
Answering the title of your question, the speed we could test from LAN to WAN in the device trough iperf3 was an average of 888 Mbit/sec when enabling port LAN3 to be used as a WAN with a factory reset device, so, the speed you reported is the range of the expected speed trough this mode.

I remain attentive to any further comments.
Best regards.
by anonymous
Thank you Martin for this reply. Ok that confirms my findings as well, so the device should be capable of ~700Mbit but not more than that.  If the customer has 1Gbit I will need to attach the RUT to a secondary WAN port instead of using it as the primary edge device.

Are there any Teltonika routers capable of 1Gbit+ ?
by anonymous
Hello, our devices with Ethernet connectivity support up to Gigabit speeds, and our fiber devices, such as the RUTXR1 are compatible with SFP interfaces, with have a 1,25 Gbps speed.

Best regards.
by anonymous

I understand that any RUT device with an Ethernet port "supports" Gigabit as far as the Link speed. But my question was, which routers can actually route/forward (NAT) traffic at line speed (941Mbps)? E.g. the RUTX11 cannot.

by anonymous
Hello, we are sorry to inform that we do not have devices that support that speed for Routing/NAT, as those features at such high speeds take a hit on the CPU performance of the device, however, future Firmware releases might improve these speeds.

Best regards.