FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
198 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Can I ​​​​use watchdog timer with RUT240 + RutOS7.

I want to set interval with 30 minutes and write to watchdog periodically from our custom MQTT application. To do this, I want to stop writing watchdog from procd with "ubus call watchdog ..." command.

The main purpose is the last resort of recovery for always retry connection and functionality.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

I would like to understand better what you want to do with the watchdog. Do you want to stop sending information via MQTT for some time, or do you want to do it every 30 minutes?
Best answer
by anonymous
Thank you for your question.

I want to make our MQTT client to send message to MQTT broker constantly.

Normally, our application send message to MQTT broker in every 30 minutes. On the same timing, MQTT client will update watchdog counter.
by anonymous

After a little more checking. Our devices support ubus commands. For more information, you can try on CLI the ubus command and it will show you how to configure it. On the other hand, we don't have this periodic MQTT data publishing functionality by default, but it may be possible with the usage of a custom script on the other side (on the MQTT broker side).