FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
660 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

I have RUTX12 device with the latest firmware RUTX_R_00.07.01.4, I've inserted the two sim card with auto APN i have no problems but when i change it to a custom APN my internet connection stops working on the card with custom APN ( I'm getting IP addres and it's says connected)
I've tried to boot it with one sim card, did not work. Downgraded to RUTX_R_00.07.01.2, same issue, then to RUTX_R_00.07.00 same thing. In the troubleshooting section first try i was able to ping 8.8.8.8 second after 100% packet loss.   If i revert back to auto apn the problem perishes. Changing the sim cards in the slots also did not work!

Then i decided to try it with a RUTX11 device and I had no problems with connection ( also runnning the latest firmware.) so the problem is with RUTX12 device.

Any advice how can i resolve it?
Thanks in advance!

Best regards, Patrik

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

Thank you for contacting us.

Could you please check if APN is saved after you enter it manually. If it is not, try these following steps:
- Enable Auto APN in mobile settings and save the configuration;
- Wait until the device receives some IP address;
- After that disable auto APN option, set custom APN and save configuration.

Please inform the issue keeps recurring.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous

Hello Žygimantas,

Yes, me apn settings are saved if it wan't it would not be working on the other device as well.
With auto apn i get

With custom APN:

As you can see it's connected and running, but still no internet.  Can't access any webpage.

Thanks you for your reply,
Patrik

by anonymous

I would like you to send me a troubleshoot file. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

by anonymous
I've sent you the troubleshoot file in a private message! Thank you!
by anonymous

There are known mobile issues related to the current firmware, which are being worked on in the upcoming firmware release which  might be affecting your connectivity. 

Currently, I'd like you to perform a couple of things: 

1. Do a factory reset. Acccss the WebUI, go to System -> Backup -> Restore default settings, press the restore button. Check if that works.

2. Check if the older firmware file from this link works.

Best regards,

Žygimantas