FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
442 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I was checking out the SFTP feature in my account and it seems to work pretty cool as shown below.

However, I was wondering if I could also access have access to it via FileZilla as well?

Looking forward to your response,

Thanks a lot,

1 Answer

0 votes
by
Hi,

RMS Remote SFTP solves the inconvenience of not having the device accessible from the internet. It is not possible to use FileZilla to access RMS SFTP service.

To use FileZilla, your end device will required a reachable public IP.

Anthony
by anonymous
Thanks a lot for getting back to me,

With Teltonika devices, is it possible to configure reachable public IP - if not, then would it be possible to use FileZilla once I had my device's local IP exposed publically?

To be clear, exposing local IP to the internet is the only challenge I'm facing or would there be other issues as well?

Kind Regards,
Usman
by

Hi Usman,

A public IP can’t be configured in the router. It must be requested to your Internet Service Provider. With a Public IP granted to the router you can set a Port Forwarding rule to reach your SFTP server on the LAN.

Anthony