FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
334 views 2 comments
by anonymous
We have a RUT240 with the  RUT2_R_00.07.01.4 newly installed.

It is connected to a logger that automatically connect to the internet and transfer data, but the last two installations will not work. The logger don't get any internet connection.

But i find a work around. If I start the logger (eg the truck), the RUT240 also starts, it take a while and then it lits normal for data transfer. The I disconnect the ethernet connector (lan) from the modem and connect a normal ethernet cable to my PC. Then I can start to surf the internet. Then I disconnect the PC and connect the logger and then switch the logger off (normally the times it sends data) And then it will work. All collected files will be transferred without any problems.
But I cant connect my PC all the time. What setting do you suggest to change to let the logger access internet without have to connect a pc first?
BR
Örjan

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you please clarify the issue. Is it the fault of the RUT240 or your logger? Does the RUT240 receive internet connectivity or is it your logger that does not receive internet when connected to the RUT240?

Best regards,

Žygimantas
by anonymous
Yes I can try to clarify.
Yes the problem is the modem. The modem gets connection to the internet. But my logger cant access it. But my PC can. And when the PC has been connected the logger can connect and access internet.
I will try to upload a logfile in the main question.
by anonymous

Hello,

A few more questions:

• Did you make any changes in the router's configuration?
  • Have you tried to factory reset the router?
  • Also, could you send me a full troubleshoot file?

Best regards,

Žygimantas