FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
691 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hi there,

I would like to establish an OpenVPN connection from Teltonika RUT240 (Client) to Robustel (Server).
I have done the setup from both devices including uploading the server certificate and key to Robustel which acts as an OpenVPN server and uploading the client certificate and key to Teltonika which acts as an OpenVPN client.

May I know how to do testing to test the OpenVPN client from RTU240 is able to establish a connection to Robustel (OpenVPN Server)?

Thank you.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, this is Martín, Tech Support Engineer for Teltonika Networks.

Testing and debugging for establishing a VPN connection can be done from the CLI.

You can establish an SSH connection to the RUT240 device trough a software like Putty, and then you can use the command "logread -f". Alternatively, in Services>CLI there is a web version of the CLI.

This will output the debugging messages from the router which show the different phases of the establishment of the VPN connection, and while this command is running, you can try establishing the VPN connection in the device's settings trough the web interface in order to see the debugging messages in real time.

Additional documentation for the OpenVPN settings for the RUT240 can be found here.

Best regards.

Best answer
by anonymous

Hi Martín, thank you for your reply. By the way, you mentioned, "you can try establishing the VPN connection in the device's settings through the web interface". May I know where can I find the device's settings for me to establish the VPN connection? And the "logread -f" is only for us to see the different phases of the establishment of the VPN connection, not for establishing the VPN connection right?

Thanks.

by anonymous

Hello and thank you for the follow-up question.

The configuration menu for the OpenVPN settings can be found in the Web interface under Services>VPN>OpenVPN, and the documentation for connecting as a client can be found here:
https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT240_VPN#OpenVPN_Client

And answering the second question, the "logread -f" command is a general debug command which shows the events on the Router, and it outputs all the internal information of the VPN connection, allowing you to transparently see the establishment of each phase of the VPN connection trough the log messages. It does not allow to directly establish the VPN connection from the command line.

Best regards.