FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
797 views 26 comments
by anonymous
I bought a brand-new RUTX11 and updated it to the newest Firmware.

Everything so far is working fine except for GPS

I use a Poynting puck 5in1 antenna. Also tried the included gps antenna.

it says no gps signal in the gui. i can measure about 3 volts at the terminal for the antenna.

What can i do to get it to work? Already tried to downgrade Firmware to 7.01.2 but no gps as well....

Hardware revision is 0808....

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

Regarding this issue of yours kindly check the following: 

1. Kindly try putting the GPS antenna outside where it can see the open sky. 
2. After doing that try to execute this command via CLI: gpsctl -ixap take a screenshot and share the results.
3. If no response on that command execute this: /etc/init.d/gpsd restart and then retry executing gpsctl -ixap
4. If still not working, don't reboot the device and share a copy of the Troubleshoot file. You can download it in System > Administration > Download Troubleshoot File.

Thank you. 

Regards,
Jerome

Best answer
by anonymous
Screenshots down below & link for the troubleshoot file
0 votes
by anonymous
by anonymous
So the subsystem is working fine the location that appears is given by the GPS module. The timestamp also.
by anonymous
So it seems to work now!

It shows the correct position in the map....

can be excluded that it does not get the data from the cell towers for the position?
by anonymous

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=9178525986485103254

Why is the no Data in metrics / gps ?

Is this in your Systems too that there is no data??

And what did the commands in the cli do to make it work at last?

by anonymous

can be excluded that it does not get the data from the cell towers for the position?

The data comes from the GPS module.

And what did the commands in the cli do to make it work at last?

Nothing, the cause was option galileo_sub '1'. And maybe something within TAVL or geofencing if the configuration isn't complete.

Why is the no Data in metrics / gps ?

No idea. Is the device stationary ?

Is this in your Systems too that there is no data??

I have a different use-case, the RUTX is fixed I use the GPS subsystem only to have a reference timestamp if the router reboots and the mobile interface doesn't come up or doesn't come up fast enough for some unknown reason. 

by anonymous
The device is not stationary it is built in my van.....