FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
823 views 26 comments
by anonymous
I bought a brand-new RUTX11 and updated it to the newest Firmware.

Everything so far is working fine except for GPS

I use a Poynting puck 5in1 antenna. Also tried the included gps antenna.

it says no gps signal in the gui. i can measure about 3 volts at the terminal for the antenna.

What can i do to get it to work? Already tried to downgrade Firmware to 7.01.2 but no gps as well....

Hardware revision is 0808....

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

Regarding this issue of yours kindly check the following: 

1. Kindly try putting the GPS antenna outside where it can see the open sky. 
2. After doing that try to execute this command via CLI: gpsctl -ixap take a screenshot and share the results.
3. If no response on that command execute this: /etc/init.d/gpsd restart and then retry executing gpsctl -ixap
4. If still not working, don't reboot the device and share a copy of the Troubleshoot file. You can download it in System > Administration > Download Troubleshoot File.

Thank you. 

Regards,
Jerome

Best answer
by anonymous
Screenshots down below & link for the troubleshoot file
0 votes
by anonymous
by anonymous

I had a similar issue previously, can you check that:

- /dev/ttyUSB1 exists: ls -al /dev/ttyUSB1
- if it is present can you execute cat /dev/ttyUSB1 you should be able to see incoming GPS frames
- and if that works try to change the first section of /etc/config/gps set it to :

config section 'gpsd'
        option galileo_sup '0'
        option glonass_sup '0'
        option beidou_sup '0'
        option enabled '1'

and restart gpsd ?

Regards,

by anonymous
I need some help! I think i can see incoming GPS frames, but i do not know how to change the config. I need instructions how to do it in the cli....
by anonymous
From the UI, go to Services->GPS->General disable Galileo NMEA Support, Glonass NMEA Support and Beidou NMEA Support

Save&Apply.
by anonymous
I am still getting the same results in cli as the screenshots say, when i type /etc/init.d/gpsd restart.

Is there anything else to get this now running after disabling these 3 options with only gps enabled?
by anonymous
Could you try a reboot ? The physical GPS subsystem looks okay the issue appears to be within ubus / gpsd.

Which firmware version do you use ?
by anonymous
The latest Version 7.01.4 as you can see in the first screenshot....

i already tried a reboot but shouldn't i get other response from /etc/init.d/gpsd restart ?
by anonymous
Is there some older firmware available that did not have that problem or is the hardware different in revision 0808 ??
by anonymous

The hardware subsystem must be fine for cat /dev/ttyUSB1 to output GPS frames. The issue is somewhere within the configuration file. Try disabling everything except GPS itself (AVL, AVL IO HTTPS Geofencing NMEA forwarding / collecting ...)

The answer from gpsd is strange the device gpsd looks for is in fact a reference to /dev/ttyUSB1. What is the output of

ls -alR /sys/bus/usb/devices/3-1/3-1:1.1

by anonymous
The hardware is fine, the device hierarchy also. What is the output of /etc/init.d/gpsd restart now ? Of gpsctl -seix ?

From your TS file : https_tavl_rule is enabled, geofencing also. Disable both and retry.
by anonymous
BusyBox v1.33.1 (2021-08-31 22:20:08 UTC) built-in shell (ash)

____        _    ___  ____

|  _ \ _   _| |_ / _ \/ ___|

| |_) | | | | __| | | \___ \

|  _ <| |_| | |_| |_| |___) |

|_| \_\\__,_|\__|\___/|____/

---------------------------------

Teltonika RUTX series 2022

---------------------------------

root@Teltonika-RUTX11:~# /etc/init.d/gpsd restart

ls: /sys/bus/usb/devices/3-1/3-1/tty/tty?*: No such file or directory

root@Teltonika-RUTX11:~#
by anonymous
root@Teltonika-RUTX11:~# gpsctl -seix

2022-04-25 22:40:21

I am here logged in my Wireless lan at home, maybe the location data is derived from there...

I can do further testing tomorrow, actually my van is parked inside my garage....
by anonymous

Something is misconfigured I have nothing in /sys/bus/usb/devices/3-1/3-1 either and my gpsd is fine. Or the error message is misleading ...

by anonymous
As gpsctl -seix gives the correct output gpsd must be fine, the error message must be misleading. I have the same ...

Can you see you position in Services->GPS->Map ? What is still failing ?
by anonymous
I can see the Position in the map, but that worked from the point i was connected with my wireless at home.....
by anonymous
Ok ls -d /sys/bus/usb/devices/$id/${id}*/tty?* /sys/bus/usb/devices/$id/${id}/tty/tty?* should have a 2>/dev/null added.
by anonymous
root@Teltonika-RUTX11:~#  ls -d /sys/bus/usb/devices/$id/${id}*/tty?*

/sys/bus/usb/devices//3-1:1.0/ttyUSB0  /sys/bus/usb/devices//3-1:1.1/ttyUSB1  /sys/bus/usb/devices//3-1:1.2/ttyUSB2  /sys/bus/usb/devices//3-1:1.3/ttyUSB3

by anonymous
If you press "Update Location" in Services->GPS->Maps, do yo see a timestamp change ?
by anonymous
yes, the timestamp changes
by anonymous
So the subsystem is working fine the location that appears is given by the GPS module. The timestamp also.
by anonymous
So it seems to work now!

It shows the correct position in the map....

can be excluded that it does not get the data from the cell towers for the position?
by anonymous

https://community.teltonika-networks.com/?qa=blob&qa_blobid=9178525986485103254

Why is the no Data in metrics / gps ?

Is this in your Systems too that there is no data??

And what did the commands in the cli do to make it work at last?

by anonymous

can be excluded that it does not get the data from the cell towers for the position?

The data comes from the GPS module.

And what did the commands in the cli do to make it work at last?

Nothing, the cause was option galileo_sub '1'. And maybe something within TAVL or geofencing if the configuration isn't complete.

Why is the no Data in metrics / gps ?

No idea. Is the device stationary ?

Is this in your Systems too that there is no data??

I have a different use-case, the RUTX is fixed I use the GPS subsystem only to have a reference timestamp if the router reboots and the mobile interface doesn't come up or doesn't come up fast enough for some unknown reason. 

by anonymous
The device is not stationary it is built in my van.....