FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
173 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Let me start by saying I am a big fan for the teltonika units and have recommended them to many people with off grid installations.

We have used the RUTX12 for about 1.5 years after 7 months the unit failed the standby light was on but nothing else.  The RUTX12 we are using is a critical backup for us.  We sent the RUTX12 back and waited 3 months for the repair.  In this time, we had no choice to buy a backup for the RUTX12 we bought a RUTX09.  After getting the unit back it ran for 6 months, and we have a fault again this time all the sim lights are flashing we tried everything to access and fix the unit.  We are now using the RUTX09 again and we had to add in a wifi router as a temporary fix.

Now the unit is out of warrenty what are we supposed to do?   Is there a know issue with these?

Thanks

Richard.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I would like you to you provide more information about your issue:

• What is the faulty behavior of the device besides the flashing LEDs? 
  • Can you access the device's Web interface? 
  • What steps have you taken to fix the issue? 
  • What was the cause of your previous issue? 

Best regards,
Žygimantas

by anonymous
  • All the sim LED flash on and off the only other light on is the power light
  • No you cant access via the web interface
  • I plugged direct in to the unit via laptop to try and access the unit setting a fix ip on the pc.  I tried holding the reset buttton down for 5 seconds. I followed the instruction https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTX12_Device_Recovery_Options
  • I do not know what the cause of the last fault. I was not told by teltonika what the fault was. Last time all the lights were out apart from the power light.
by anonymous

Unfortunately, if you have tried to perform the bootloader procedure described in this link and it did not help to regain access to the device, you will need to replace it.

Best regards,

Žygimantas