FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
487 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Dear all,

I'm facing a problem with the WireGuard access to my remote RUT240. When no WAN is connected - all works fine. However when WAN w/o Internet BUT with IP address is connected - I can not get the access via 4G/LTE interface.

Internet works fine for the remote network but the WireGuard access seems to be non-operational.

I was wondering if there any SMS command to specifically shut off the WAN interface - so I can experiment back and forth.

Br, Oleksandr

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

If SMS utilities are enabled on your router (default settings) and WAN interface name is default, you may send this command via SMS to disable WAN interface:

YourRouterPassword uci set network.wan.disabled=1

The need for router password is due to the need for SMS command authorization - by default, all SMS commands must be authorized by using router password. More information can be found on our wiki page: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT240_Mobile_Utilities#SMS_rule_execution_syntax

The rule will be applied automatically, no additional action needs to be taken. To re-enable WAN interface, simply change the value from 1 to 0. In case the rule doesn't seem to apply, I'd suggest trying to reboot the router.

Best regards,

Tomas.

Best answer
by anonymous
Hi Tomas,

thank you for the fast answer. Just tried and can see that RUT240 answers with "Created new option network.wan.disabled='1'". So looks like it is either not working or s.t. is wrong.

Sending "status" command right after seems stating the previous WAN IP address still.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Br, Oleksandr
by anonymous

I've double-checked this on my end and it seems I made an error in regards to syntax, my apologies. The command should look like this (without the single quotation marks):

YourRouterPassword uci set network.wan.disabled=1

Regarding rule application - I'd recommend to perform a reboot on the router after this rule is applied. This way router network service is reloaded properly:

YourRouterPassword reboot 

Let me know if this works for you, it worked on my end properly. I'll also edit my initial response to make correct the command syntax. 

by anonymous
It works now. Thank you for the support. Great job!