FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
262 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Hello

According to the change log, the TRB2_R_00.07.01.4 | 2022.02.25 should offer failover funktionality: 'Made 'Network -> Failover' and 'Network -> Interfaces' page data draggable on multiple browsers'. But there's no failover menu.

In the interface overview, every interface shows 'failover: disabled' while I do not find any place to turn it on. I must misunderstand something here.

Regards,

Martin

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello.

That changelog applies only for the devices that have multiple WAN inputs. Like in the case of RUT240 for example.

In the case of the TRB45 the only WAN input is the Mobile Sim Card.That means that this device won't perform Failover

It appears in the changelog because we currently have an unified kernel across all of our devices.
by anonymous
I understand the SIM failover. But what I'm after is a failover between a router on the LAN side and the modem.

I guess a script is the answer, modifying the default gateway metric.
0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Adding to the previous answer, TRB245 has failover in a form of SIM card switching, due to the fact that two SIM cards can be inserted into the device. SIM switching can be automated and configured in an event of certain conditions. You can find more details on SIM switch in the following Wiki page: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/TRB245_Mobile#SIM_Switch

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous
Hello Žygimantas

I find the SIM card switching feature quite a good idea but it does not work in our use case:

We intend to use the TRB245 in outposts where there is a more or less stable DSL line and weak antenna signal. Either connectivity may work but can fail at any moment. The switch-over shall be robust and shall not take too long. I was hoping the TRB could do this out of the box.

Regards,

Martin
by anonymous
Hello.

Let me understand a bit better your solution.

You need to provide internet to the device, either via SIM or Via Wired WAN?

In this case the LAN port on the TRB245 is a LAN and not a WAN, it means that the device can provide internet to other LAN devices but it can't get internet from other LAN devices.
by anonymous
That's correct. The mobile link shall be the used if the target cannot be reached via a router in the LAN.