FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
107 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hello:

I have not correct geo values with my TRB245 mounted on a irrigation pivot system

I have tested again my TRB245 with GPS only geolocation enabled. This time I used gpsctl comand and here my results

accuracy- > 0.7

number satellites -> 8

Here my great problem

If the pivot turns right the gpsctl -x  It starts at a point and decreases (could be fine)

Then stop my pivot and start turn left and continues to decrease when in reality it should increase.

Could  be because the pivot moves very slowly (less 0.5m by second) ? Or the antenna is mounted over the pivot metal structure?  Any idea about this problem?

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

The slow motion of the pivot can be one of the reasons, why the produced GPS results are inaccurate. However, what you need to understand is that TRB245 is a gateway with GPS capabilities. Even in stationary position the accuracy can be at best 1.5m and deviate up to 5m. When in motion, this number can increase even more. Also, for a better estimate, review both, longitude and latitude coordinates with command gpsctl -ix.   

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous
Hello,

I have tested with no acceptable values, but does Teltonika another GPS with finest accuracy that I could use over a circular irrigation system (pivot)?

Thanks