FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
907 views 6 comments
by anonymous
Hi All,

I have a RUTX12 running two SIM's. One on o2 and one on Vodafone. I have unlimited sms messages on my Vodafone SIM so would like to use that as an SMS gateway. For some reason though when ever I set the SMS gateway to the vodafone sim, all messages timout. If I set it to the o2 SIM they go straight through.

Anything I can change/check to get the vodafone sim to work for sms gateway?
by anonymous

Thanks, I confirm the message was sent (and failed) and the troubleshooting file downloaded immediately after. 

I have done another test send from the SIM which failed. I then tried to send a message from my mobile to the sim but it was not received and sms messages show as empty. 

root@Teltonika-RUTX12:~# gsmctl -S -t
Used: 0
Total: 50
I will PM you another troubleshooting file. Thanks for your help.

1 Answer

0 votes
by
Hi,

Just to confirm SMS service is enabled on your SIM, go to Service → Mobile Utilities → Messages under "Send Messages" test it by sending a message on desired Modem.

If service works fine, make sure that you are using correct modem selection (Primary or Secondary) on SMS gateway.

Regards

Anthony
by anonymous

Thanks Anthony, 

When I use the Send Messages utility I get "Waiting for Response from the modem..." and it sits there for about 2 minutes, then says that it has "Failed to send message or SMS limit was reached". I can confirm the sim has unlimited texts and no sms limit is set either on the Vodafone service or in the SIM settings on the RUTX12. 

by

Hi mfuller,

Thanks for checking it. 

Replicate this issue once again and after the  "Failed to send message or SMS limit was reached" appears go to System → Administration → Troubleshoot and download a Troubleshoot File. Make sure it is downloaded after the failure occurs so to capture the events.

You can send it to me in a private message.

While I check over your file, please confirm this:

• Are you able to send SMS if SIM is inserted on a Phone?
  • Do you get the same issue if SIM is inserted on the other RUTX12 sim slot?

Regards

Anthony

by anonymous
Any luck with the logs I sent Anthony? Thanks
by

Hi mfuller,

I don’t see any events related to a failure while sending the SMS. Can you confirmed Troubleshoot file was generated after the failure events occurred? 

Are you able to receive SMS on Vodafone SIM? In case you do please share logs.

Also type this command on the CLI and share it as well: gsmctl -S -t

Regards

by
Hi mfuller,

I don't see anything that prevents you from sending SMS in your settings.

Since the same behavior occurs on both LTE modems and you are not only unable to send but also receive messages, I suggest you contact your network provider to check if the SMS service is enabled or try the SIM card in a phone.

Anthony