FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
151 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Looks like some kind person has walked off with one of our RUT955's.    I have the serial number, etc from RMS, but in RMS was showing as offline.

Is there any way it can be reported as stolen so if anyone tries to connect with it, Teltonika can block?

I also need to try and get the Sim serial number, unfortunately because we were doing 200+ new routers at the time, we didn't record SIM numbers.

Any advise greatly appreciated.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

It is unfortunate to hear about your incident.

Unfortunately, there is not much Teltonika can do in this case. Any restrictions within device can be easily removed by performing factory settings reset and they need to be set by connecting to the device. 

Router modem's IMEI can be used by network provider to block the device from accessing the network. The IMEI should be printed on the packaging the router came in. 

Keeping your device connected to RMS might provide you its approximate location once the device comes online with mobile connectivity, but GPS monitoring must be enabled in RMS. To do so, select the device, in the Devices section, click on Management tab, select Set Monitoring Update Period. Enable GPS monitoring and set update period frequency. 

Regarding SIM serial number, I assume you refer to ICCID number. The only way to get it remotely is to connect to the router via WebUI Status -> Network -> Mobile section, or SSH and enter this command: gsmctl -A "AT+QCCID", however, the device needs to be online and connected to RMS. 

Best regards,

Žygimantas