FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,717 views 3 comments
by
Hi,

When trying to upgrade firmware on my RUT950 I get a message: "It appears that you try to flash an image that does not fit into the flash memory, please verify the image file!" Size: 11.56 MB (9.44 MB available)

How can I perform the upgrade? My hardware revision is 0404

Thanks!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

You can always try upgrading via the Bootloader menu. Note: this will delete your current configuration and set it to factory defaults.

However, I'm also interested in what caused this and your feedback may help prevent such issues in the future. Which firmware version are you currently using? Can you share your router's Troubleshoot file? It can be download from System → Administration → Troubleshoot page.

If there is any confidential information in the configs (like phone numbers, passwords) I suggest you delete it before uploading the file here. Or you can also use the private message system of this forum to send files.

by

Firmware version: RUT9XX_R_00.01.567

by anonymous
Thanks! However, the firmware is almost 4 years old, so I can't provide any comments that would be any relevant.

Did the upgrade work out for you in the end?
by
I had the same issue. In my device it had the original factory firmware and when I tried to upgrade it I got the same warning. I ignored it, which was a mistake. The firmware upgrade was not successful and the device booted up in Safe Mode and almost nothing works on it.

Looking at the bootloader upgrades, I noticed that the safe mode was removed in 2017. That probably explains why it was complaining about the space. So I upgraded the bootloader, which was a bit tricky too, because now I couldn't see what version I had (the non Web version worked for me).

After the bootloader was upgraded the Safe Mode was no longer available, but now I was able to upgrade the firmware. Everything was back to factory settings, but at least it was working.

Anyone with this issue I recommend to upgrade the booloader first. That should liberate the space needed for the firmware upgrade.