FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
430 views 3 comments
by anonymous
I am currently running RUT9XX_R_00.06.08.6.

I want to upgrade to RUT9_R_00.07.01.4.

I downloaded the firmware RUT9_R_00.07.01.4_WEBUI.bin.

The upgrade fails with: "Firmware upgrade - verification failed

This device's provisioning doesn't allow it to be upgraded to RUT9_R_00.07.00 firmware or newer
Ensure to get a correct firmware image and try to upgrade again.

Size: 11.19 MB(15.19 MB available)
    All configuration files will be kept."

I checked the MD5 checksum on /tmp/firmware.img with the following result (sum is as expected):
585ea7b2525a0f0e6030bf3edb6f7ee6  firmware.img

How can I upgrade to version 7.01.4 ?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you share your device product code or send me a serial number in a private message?

You can find this information in router's WebUI Status-> Device section.

It might be that your device is quite old and upgrade to 7.00 and above is not be possible.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous
Thanks. PM sent.
by anonymous

Hello,

Unfortunately, your device is legacy design and FW version RUT9_R_00.07.00 and above will not be supported on it (product codes with RUT955 *7V***).

Best regards,

Žygimantas 

by anonymous
That is indeed unfortunate. I had this unit installed in 2019.

When was this released and EOL'ed ?

If Teltonika keeps model numbers but revises its hardware to the point that upgrades are not possible, this creates a confusing situation for customers. This device is offered by distributors as RUT955 w/o any version information. Therefore I may be buying, even today, an old version that cannot be upgraded.

I'll post a follow-up question on an issue with the on-board GNSS as this is my main reason for considering the upgrade.