FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
591 views 11 comments
by anonymous

Installed rutx14 in campervan with Poynting mimo-3-v2-17 antenna. Followed all the Teltonika youtube tutorials and created a wan using different subnets. Using speedtest the download speed is only 10 Mbps and upload 25 Mbpson my laptop. When I connect laptop directly to my home network I get 300Mbps down and 30Mbps up. Campervan is parked on driveway practically near the homerouter.

Tried using the Teltonika wifi antennas but this hardly makes a difference. Help !!

4 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Which frequency band are you on: 2.4GHz or 5GHz?

What does “practically near the home router“ mean? How far in meters and what objects or possible obstacles are in between?

Could you please try to login to the device via SSH, enter the command iw dev <wireless_lan_interface_name> link and post the results?

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous
2.4Ghz

2 meters, just one wall between it but this didn't affect the test with the laptop directly

It logged in via CLI and entered iw dev RUT_71A8_2G link but got command failed: no such device (-19) also when I try TEST2G, the wireless network interface I created.
by anonymous

Instead of RUT_71A8_2G it should be something like wlan0 or wlan0-1. You can check the interface name with the command ifconfig.

by anonymous

Are these links visible for you ?

link

networkinterfaces

by anonymous

The link quality seems ok, though it could be better.

Considering that upload speed seems only slightly reduced, one more thing you could try is to access the device's WebUI, go to Network -> Wireless, press pencil icon on Wi - Fi access point interface to edit its settings, disable WMM Mode, press Save and apply. 

Could you check what speeds do you get when you connect your phone to your home router?

It would also be interesting to check if the issue repeats, when you are connected to a different Wi - Fi WAN source, not your home router. 

Also, you might have already done it, but please double check antenna connectors if they are properly screwed.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous
With WMM off > 12 up en 10 down

Iphone13 on home network 300 down en 30 up

Different wifi connecting not possible at the moment.

Antennas are checked and I even connected the original antennas which hardly made a difference
by anonymous
Could you please delete wireless client configuration in RUTX14, connect it to your home router with ethernet cable to provide wired WAN connectivity, connect your phone or laptop to the RUTX14 via Wi - FI and see what speed test result will you get, when your WAN source is not another Wi - Fi AP but wired link? There seems to be issues related to Wi - Fi WAN connectivity.

Best regards,

Žygimantas
by anonymous

I carried out your steps

with Poynting Antenna:
down 51 /  up 22  at 5meters from the campervan/rutx14

down 80 /  up 30 at 0,5 meter from the campervan/rutx14

with original Antenna's:

down 42 / up 24 at 5mtrs from campervan/rutx14

down 62 / up 26 at 0,5 mtrs from campervan/rutx14

Are these the latest versions ?

FIRMWARE VERSION 
RUTX_R_00.07.00 
by anonymous

Hello,

The latest firmware for RUTX14 is RUTX_R_00.07.01.4. You can download it from here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/wikibase/images/9/92/RUTX_R_00.07.01.4_WEBUI.bin.

Please update and see if the issue persists.

Best regards,

Žygimantas 

0 votes
by anonymous

Updated

Firmware version RUTX_R_00.07.01.4

Firmware build date 2022-02-25 09:42:55 Modem firmware version EG12EAPAR01A09M4G

Kernel version 5.4.147

Tested again

Wired wan:

at 5m  down 51 / up 28

at o.5m down 89 / up 30

Wireless lan:

at 5m  down 22 / up 25

at 0,5m down 27 / up 29

Furthermore I've been abled to test it on another wifi network and those results are also bad.

12 up / 10 down

Also,after update it shows a multi ap tab at the wifi config page : benefits ?

by anonymous
Still need help !
by anonymous
Hello,

Using Wi - Fi as WAN has been observed as an issue on certain devices. It has been forwarded to the RnD department, however, no solution is available yet.

Best regards,

Žygimantas
0 votes
by anonymous

That's a bummer, I already sent the unit back to the vendor sad

0 votes
by anonymous
So, whats going on?

A new firmware, nice GUI but no improvement in that stupid slow WAN interface when router captures another wifi to act as client...
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you check if enabling Software flow offloading in Network -> Firewall -> General settings page provides any improvement?

Best regards,