FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
460 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Dear Teltonika-Team,

we are using a RUTX14 with the newest firmware available as an LTE-Router. We are facing the issue, that the router randomly disconnects all clients from WiFi and disconnects from mobile data as well.

After 1-2 minutes the router has established a new connection which can be used, but we constantly get kick out of meetings, etc.

What can we do about it?

2 Answers

+2 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

I would like you to send me a troubleshoot file. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

Best answer
by anonymous
Thank you for the troubleshoot.

Apparently, your ISP issues you with a dynamic public IP address. Based on logs the IP address is updated every hour. Due to changing IPs a short disconnect from the network is to be expected and it is not related to the router itself.

Best regards,

Žygimantas
by anonymous
One more question:

It seems like the router is restarting the modem and all WLAN connections after the router looses connection to the LTE provider. In total in takes about 2 minutes until everything is up again. Is that a "normal" behavior or could I change something so that this process will be a bit faster?
0 votes
by anonymous
Thanks for your quick reply.

Is there anything I could do to stop that problem? Would it be possible to add another Sim-card as a backup that jumps in, when the main provider assigns a new IP to us?
by anonymous

One way is to contact you ISP and ask for a static public IP, however, the option might be costly and not even available depending on your region.

It is possible add another SIM card and configure SIM switch on disconnect, or it is possible to add another type of WAN (wired or Wi - Fi) and configure failover, but short disconnects will still occur during switching as connection loss must trigger the switchover.

Best regards,

Žygimantas