FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
423 views 3 comments
by anonymous
I have a fleet of RUT950 routers, i am attempting to restore a backup from another RUT950 to a new RUT950 with the same firmware/hardware versions.

When i try to restore the configuration it states Invalid Backup - "the selected backup file is not compatible with this device"

I have tried a number of files but without success.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Could you check if all routers have the same product code?

You can check the product code of a router from WebUI (Status --> System device section).

Thanks
by anonymous
Hi Ahmad - Yes on closer inspection i see we have 2 different product types.

I have a config file for RUT950U02XXX (hardware revision 1714) and i am trying to load this into a RUT950002XXX (hardware revision 2017), is this causing the issue?

Is it possible to load in this configuration by any other means?

Thanks.
by anonymous
Hi,

kindly note that you cannot upload the config file to a device that has different product code via WebUI.

The config file can be uploaded it to another device has the same FW (or newer) and the same product code.

But you can do it via copy/past the config files from the config file from your pc to the router (on /etc/config directory) by using Winscp app for example, then reboot the device.

Thanks
by anonymous
Hi Ahmed

That's great thanks, i will give it a try.