FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
156 views 0 comments
by anonymous
Hi

A question about recently bought and installed RUT360, which has the latest firmware (5 days ago checked and installed). It sends a weather station's data to an app every 7 minutes - this means that the router is running and working. It is about 100 km away from me, so I cannot give you any more details.

After installing the router I tried the SMS communication using "status" command, which I reconfigured to respond to only one number without any security verification. After doing that I tried the command several times with these results (first capital letter in commands below means I sent the command with capitalised first letter; the number means how many times I sent this command immediately in a row or with some time in between) :

Status 1

status 4

received a correct response less than a minute after my last SMS

status 2

wifioff 1

status 3 - the last SMS was sent 15:19 by me

received a correct response at 17:10 (!!)

status 1

Somewhere here I understood that something is wrong and looked at the router logs - it thinks it sends me a SMS immediately after receiving my SMS - I saw all my SMS'es and commands in the log and for all of them I saw an outgoing SMS log line too.

Status 1

received correct response one minute after my SMS

"admin password" wifioff 1

Status 1

status 4

Status 2

Status 1

status 2

Status 1

status 1

"admin password" status 1

"admin password" webon 1

status 1

So as you see, the balance of sent and received SMS'es is not that great... Why is that? Nothing was done to the router the whole time, so the settings have not changed. The router uses directional antenna provided by my local Teltonika distributor specifically for this model. The 4G signal in all received "status" responses shows -77 dBm and the UI shows 3 out of 5 bars signal strength. While I was at its location it offered good quality and fast WiFi and as I said above - I receive my weather station data from it every 7 minutes.

Thank you

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Teltonika Crowd-support Forum. Please find my response below:

Please provide information about what firmware version the device is using?

Also, please keep in mind that the all SMS commands by default are lower case unless you might have configured the SMS rules according to your convenience. Make sure that the commands are sends as they are configured on the router and check for authorization method. Please the check the link below for more details:
 https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT360_Mobile_Utilities#SMS_Utilities

Check if you are sending the SMS according to the below syntax: 

yourrouterpassword status

See the logs, look if the mobile connectivity for device is persistent or not.

Regards,
Ramandeep