FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,237 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hello, I have been using the RUT950 for a couple of years now and have always had variable speeds. However, recently there have been some serious issues. I am in an area where I get very good 4G reception with Vodafone in Italy. 

My problem is this: I reboot the mobile connection and the speed is good (40Mb/s+) for about 10 mins, then the speed drops off and goes to about 5Mb/s. 

I just did a fresh installation of the FW ver.: RUT9XX_R_00.06.02 and the problem is the same. Counter intuitively the speed drops off with more bars on the signal. 3 leds is faster than 5 leds. 

I also have a Huawei B593-22s LTE modem and connecting this I consistently get speeds of 70-80 Mb/s which is even faster than the RUT950 has ever achieved. However, this too sometimes changes and connects with 5 bars reception and the speed slows to around 20 Mb/s.

Sorry this is a long question. It seems that the connection state is changing within the 4G connection. My question is is it possible to fix the connection at the faster state? In my case at 3 bars reception which is the fastest for me?

Thank you

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

What is the code of your router? For example "RUT950 H12011".
by anonymous
On the bottom of the router it says RUT950 101030
by anonymous

I just did a fresh installation of the FW ver.: RUT9XX_R_00.06.02 and the problem is the same. Counter intuitively the speed drops off with more bars on the signal. 3 leds is faster than 5 leds. 

Seems like router connects to different base stations and one of these provide slower internet.

You could try to check with another GSM provider SIM cards.