FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
191 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hi, we are using RUT950 to connect remote sites to the internet. The industrial application on the sites will eventually send E-mails (i.e. when there are faults with the industrial system). It seems that the RUT950 blocks our industrial controller after about 10 Min and would only allow it to send emails again, after a user login or automated reboot (for 10 Min, then be blocked again...). Can someone confirm his behaviour? is it a feature or a bug? what can we do for not loosing connection with the industrial controller?

BTW: at the same time the RUT950 as well as the industrial controller are easily accessible via VPN (Wireguard) through RUT950, so there is no internet/modem issue at hand here.

1 Answer

–1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you provide more details on your topology and device configuration?

Also, I would like you to send me a troubleshoot file. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous
Topology: RUT950 is connected to the internet (modem) at WAN port. In local the network there is only 1 device (industrial controller) with ability to send emails and provide web-interface for configuration purposes.

Troubleshoot file: added in original post, incl. a commented NETWDT log

Thanks for having a look at it.
by anonymous

Hello,

The logs do indicate mobile disconnects. Also your device's mobile signal parameters are quite low. One of the things to try would be to try and change router's location.

Moreover, you are an using older firmware version. You could try updating, by downloading the latest version from here. A couple of things to keep in mind: perform a backup of your current configuration and perform update without keeping current settings.

If the issue persists, write back.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous
Hi
Setup: Teltonika is on Internet via WAN (no Mobile connection, no SIM card). In the LAN we have only 1 device (ELESTA industrial controller) on a fixed IP (outside DHCP-range).

I updated the box from the server and turned on troubleshoot. As you may see, internet connection went dark after about 5 min of last login by human. The Elesta-Controller cannot send E-Mails. Please help.

As I cannot upload any more files please find the troubleshoot docs under the following link, valid 10 days: https://www.dropbox.com/t/8YFGekOqXo09vIRK