FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
298 views 2 comments
by anonymous
I have a RUTX14 and will connect it via LAN Cable to RUTX10. Both devices should work with WiFi in mesh mode.

Problem 1. How do I have to configure the RUTX14 LAN Cable connection to the RUTX10?

Problem 2: I do not find the mesh mode on RUTX10. There is "Access Point" and "Client" only.

I am stuck complitly

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Problem 1. Could you be more specific by what do you mean “configure the RUTX14 LAN cable“?

Problem 2. Which firmware version are your devices using?

Best regards,

Žygimantas
by anonymous

Problem 2: Firmware: RUTX_R_00.07.00,  Build: 2021-07-14

On RUTX 14 "mesh" is no problem. On RUTX 10 I can't find "mesh".

Problem 1: We have the RUTX 14 connected to the Internet via 2 mobile connections (2 sims) in one space. In a other space (separated through tick concrete walls) we have the RUTX 10. The RUTX 10 is connected to the RUTX 14 with a LAN-cable (because of the wall). Employees should be able to go from one space (served by RUTX 14) to the other spaces served by the RUTX 10 without connection loss.

Thank you for your help in advance

by anonymous
Hello,

Wireless mesh was introduced in firmware RUTX_R_00.07.01, thus you need to update the firmware version to at least that. However, I believe you have misunderstood, how mesh works. The idea of the wireless mesh is to replace cabled connectivity. It is a communication overlay for the wireless access points to communicate between each other, route traffic and transfer data. Wireless mesh has no impact on how end user equipment connects and communicates with the access point. Since you provide internet to RUTX10 with cable, you just need to configure RUTX10 and RUTX14 with identical SSID's and passwords.

Best regards,

Žygimantas