FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
219 views 4 comments
by anonymous
I have a RUT240 thats amost 2 years old. It has been in the same location since purchase, indoors next to a window. 5 days ago it started disconnected and reconnected from the Mobile network. I know this because i have some smart plugs and p2p cameras that notify me when they become offline. Until 5 days ago, it had been rock solid (apart from the occasional power failures).

I updated the firmware from RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.1 (legacy) to RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.5 (legacy) and then  to RUT2_R_00.07.01.4.

Also switch from 3G+4G to 4G only.

Didnt really help

Apart from the disconnects i dont see any other issues except one more. After the Mobile network reconnects DHCP leases ip to the lan devices even though the DHCP lease duration is 12 hours, but i guess that could be how it works.

Apart from that the device is responsive, i can navigate, install packages, no issues at all.

What i want to ask is this: Are these constant disconnects a sign of hardware failure? Or is it from the Provider? How can i check this apart from switching out sim for a different provider or moving the device to a different location?

Below a screenshot of the log

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

I would like you to send me a troubleshoot file. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous
Thank you. Are there any sensitive data on the log? should i post the log here or send it via PM?

Log sent via PM
by anonymous

Hello,

I've checked the logs and they indicate a relatively poor signal quality, specifically: RSSI: -89, RSRP: -115, SINR - 3. 

You can find more information on mobile signal values there: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Mobile_Signal_Strength_Recommendations#4G_.28LTE.29.

This might be a result of some changes in your providers infrastructure.

Apparently, COSMOTE is disabling 3G service, so if you have previously used 3G, it might be related.

You could improve signal parameters by trying a directional antenna.

Another thing to test is by using a different LTE band. For instructions, please refer to this page: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Band_Lock.

Best regards,

Žygimantas 

by anonymous
Thank you for the reply. Reception was always that low, not sure if the router fell back to 3G at times. I will try to reposition the device as to get a better signal. I will also try to lock the signal to a specific band as you suggest. Can you suggest a directional antenna compatible with my device?
by anonymous
Update: Switching from 3G+4G to 4G only did not help. I noticed that the router was swithing between Band 3 and 20. Locked router to Band 3 only and the link was barely usable. Then tried Band 20 only and the performance skyrocketed. No more disconnects and the connection is now 15up/4down.