FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
330 views 3 comments
by anonymous

We have around 400 Teltonika routers and we are getting SIM not inserted errors on them quite a lot. Mostly RUT 240 models. We can't see any reason for this to happen. Signal strength is good. Power does disconnect from the routers quite often and they are sending a lot of data. Any ideas?

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hello,

To this question you have attached a troubleshoot package, which does not show any signs of an issue. I.e. Troubleshoot indicates, that at the moment when troubleshoot was downloaded, device detected SIM card and was able to establish data connection through it. So we cannot comment anything from troubleshoot package itself.

Meanwhile, could you let us know where are you using your devices? I.e. in what kind of solutions your devices are deployed? Maybe environment humid, or have a lot of vibrations?
by anonymous
The systems are being used in solar powered remote monitoring systems which transfer a lot of data. All in the UK mainland with a number of different SIM providers. We haven't had the issue in our normal powered systems where the power remains on, more or less, constantly, compared to the solar systems which power on and discount power every 10 minutes. So far the fix has been to remove the SIM and put it back in again but that requires travel to the remote location. As this is only happening with solar powered systems I'm assuming its a router/system error more than a SIM error.
by anonymous

Thank you for your answer.

I have asked questions about where routers are deployed, since recently we become aware, that in some harsh environment (high humidity/vibration) situations intermetallic oxidation process between PCB contacts and SIM card can occur, which might prevent device from communicating with SIM card.

Because of that, when using or storing device in harsh environments, we would recommend to use specialized anti corrosion lubricant (we tested KONTAKT 61 from Kontakt Chemie) as well as cleaning the SIM contacts with isopropyl alcohol before the application of lubricant. Make sure not to touch the SIM contacts after cleaning as that might introduce corrosive oils from the hands which could compromise the effectives on the lubricant. That should allow to avoid or at least slow down oxidation process.

Even though from your current description is does not seem that devices are deployed in harsh environment, it might be good idea try to using anti corrosion lubricant and checking if that allows to avoid/resolve this issue.

by anonymous
Thank you. I don't think that this is the issue we are seeing but we have made a note. Our systems are in harsh environments. We will try and find a troubleshooting log file from an affected system as soon as we can.