FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,230 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hi there,

I've just buyed a brand new RUT850LTE GNSS and I cannot add device to RMS: "Failure (Error: Device serial number duplicate! Contact manufacturer.).

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
What to do next to make this work?
Best answer
by anonymous

For GPS tracking to work you have to do two things:

• Enable GPS on the router. This can be done via the router's WebUI, Services → GPS → GPS Settings page.
  • Enable GPS data gathering on RMS. While in the Management → Overview page select your router in the device table. Then look for the Monitoring tab at the top of the page, hover your mouse cursor over it and click 'Set update period'. Then enable 'GPS Monitoring' and save.
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Where did you buy the router, was it directly from Teltonika or other seller? Can you disclose when and where you bought it?

Regarding the issue: can you send me the router's serial number, MAC address and RMS company name (to which it was added) via private message? I'll see what I can do to help.
by anonymous

Hi,

The problem is solved. I've opened the configuration with Chrome and there was the issue. With IE i was able to add with no problem. Other issue that I have right now is that i cannot find the position on the map of the device: 

by anonymous

I must admit I have no idea how Internet Explorer solved the issue. Can you still send the router's SN for analysis of what might have happened?

For GPS tracking to work you have to do two things:

• Enable GPS on the router. This can be done via the router's WebUI, Services → GPS → GPS Settings page.
  • Enable GPS data gathering on RMS. While in the Management → Overview page select your router in the device table. Then look for the Monitoring tab at the top of the page, hover your mouse cursor over it and click 'Set update period'. Then enable 'GPS Monitoring' and save.