FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
579 views 3 comments
by anonymous
We have a need to setup multiple RUT955's in a mobile setup where there is existing WiFi, although not very stable.

The requirement is for managed devices to connect to the existing WiFi but failover to the Teltonika 4G if the WiFi drops.

Any suggestion as to the best and most efficient method to do this?   I am assuming that if it can be done on the RUT950, I would hope the RUT955 should be ok with it, but would like "real world" examples if someone is using this scenario?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Please refer to these videos:

Best regards,

Žygimantas

Best answer
by anonymous
My only possible issue on setting up the WiFi WAN config, is when it comes to scanning for the WiFi.    This is a hidden SSID so wont be seen normally, although I do have the SSID details and the PSK

Would I get away with just entering the hidden SSID details?    that's the element I am unsure of, and at the moment don't have sufficient devices with me to setup a lab.
by anonymous

Hello,

It is possible to connect to a hidden Wi - Fi. In order to do this:

• Login to your router's WebUI;
  • Navigate to Network -> Wireless;
  • Press Add interface;
  • In a newly opened window General Setup tab select Mode - Client, ESSID - SSID of the device you want to connect to, BSSID - Leave empty, Network - Select Custom and enter your own name to create a new interface instance.
  • Go to Wireless security tab, select encryption matching the access point's you are connecting to and enter a valid password.
  • Press save and apply.

Now you should be connected to a hidden Wi - Fi access point.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous

Followed the above process to the letter, however, once completed I have no option to use this connection with failover, so in the event WiFi drops, connection will failover to 4G data

After completing your process above and applying a custom name (REXEL), I can see the name in "Network Interfaces" (REXEL), I can see the new Wireless network in "Wireless"
But nothing in "Failover" only the default interfaces