FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
785 views 4 comments
by anonymous
Hello , I have configured several RUT204 without having any issue , but not this time, I am unable to establish connection with SIMcard , if I go in status / network/ mobile : sim card state is : " inserted " , but operator state is "unregistered" it seems like is unable to connect IPv4 , firmware version is: RUT2_R_00.07.01 Modem Version : EC25VFAR02A13M4G  , also I have another three RUT240 with SIMcard loaded which are working fine, I try to swap simcard just to make sure is not a " sim " issue but all simcard that work with the others rut240 when plugged on this one will not connect all 4 with the same error : " unregistered " ... any suggestion ?

Thank you .

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

Currently, we have a new firmware version with a solution to certain issues (RUT2_R_00.07.02). You can download it from the following link. 

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT240_Firmware_Downloads

To update you can upload the image via System→Firmware

If this does not solve your issue. Maybe you can check the Mobil network configuration. You may have to use a specific APN and not an auto one. You can compare this with your other devices.

by anonymous
Alvaro , thank you for your reply .

I have updated to Rut2_R_00.07.02 firmware , and try also to assign APN manually ( copying config from the others RUT working correctly )  ,both attempt failed , Still show " unregistered " ....

I have the troubleshoot file downloaded from administration / troubleshoot if someone maybe want to have a look , I just can't understand why is not working on this particular RUT.
0 votes
by anonymous
Just a small update ,

I think I start to get to the bottom of this issue , from the log files I can see the following :

EEPROM regdomain: 0x8348

[  117.714243] ath: EEPROM indicates we should expect a country code

[  117.714257] ath: doing EEPROM country->regdmn map search

[  117.714268] ath: country maps to regdmn code: 0x3a

[  117.714277] ath: Country alpha2 being used: US

[  117.714283] ath: Regpair used: 0x3a

SO I am assuming even if our SIM card is able to roam all over the world ( nor.net ) it seems this rut240 is preconfigured to hook to US providers only , my only way at the moment to confirm this would be to preconfigure the RUT then ship in US and test in our US office to see if the SIM finally hook and resolve IP from that region ...

I wonder if there is a way to test in a different world region ( so that I can add rut240 to teltonika management here in our main office ) and then define the final region where is going to be deployed once has been shipped , not sure if this is possible ....

I will keep you posted ,

Thank you
by anonymous
As you mention it is possible that your device has the certifications to operate only in the USA and not where you are currently located. If you send me the troubleshooting file I can help you verify this. You can send it to me by private message if you like.

On the other hand, unfortunately, there is no way to test that it will work correctly in the USA, only with a US SIM and connecting to a US network you can do the test. For the moment I can give you more information by reviewing the features of the device.
by anonymous
As per request I sent mail with log files ( I hope I got the right email address )

Thank you sir !
by anonymous

From what I can see it does not appear to be an issue in the device certifications. I would first recommend that you update the firmware to the latest version. Here is the link. 

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT240_Firmware_Downloads

Then you can try again to see if it connects. In case you still have the same issue. You can try setting the APN manually and not automatically. Maybe you are having trouble getting the correct APN.