FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
134 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Greetings,

We are currently running the TRB245 as an SMS gateway - we use two sim cards with two providers.

Sim switch is configured to only occur on 'network down' and SIM2 will attempt to switch back to SIM1 (default) after 15 Minutes.

APN 01 and 02 (Correct providers) are whitelisted on SIM1 and SIM2 respectively.

We noticed that on sim switches, sometimes the mobile modem (and webinterface) will hang for a very long time, and there won't be any mobile connection after the wait - a Mobile Modem restart fixes the issue.

Regards,

--Jan Mazur

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

One of the things you can check is if you are using the latest device firmware. The latest firmware can be downloaded from here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/wikibase/images/4/4b/TRB2_R_00.07.02_WEBUI.bin.

If the issue persists, I would like you to send me a troubleshoot file. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous
Hello,

There might be an issue related to operator blacklist/whitelist functionality. I would like you to disable it and see if that helps.

If you still keep receiving issues with mobile connectivity, please make a backup of you current configuration, reset the device to factory defaults and simply test SIM switching functionality without any other configurations to clarify that no other factors contribute to the failure.

Best regards,

Žygimantas
by anonymous
Greetings,

Sorry for the late reply.

I now turned off the White/Blacklisting - I will keep you posted about any changes in behavior.