FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
232 views 1 comments
by anonymous

After firmware update to RUT9_R_00.07.02 openvpn profiles are changed from TUN to TAP. Running a TUN based openvpn uploaded from config file will connect but routing will failed. I have confirmed this by checking content in the uploaded config file. The line:

dev tun

is changed to:

dev tap

if you look in the uploaded file in /var/etc the dev line is rewritten from tun to tap. Same thing happens if you upload an openvpn configuration file. 

Downgrading to RUT9_R_00.07.01.4 solves the issue.

My guess is that this is related to the following "fixes" listed in the firmware changelog for RUT9_R_00.07.02

• Fixed OpenVPN TAP configuration saving issue
  • Fixed OpenVPN switching to TUN mode when uploading a configuration from file

How to reproduce:

1. Create a new client vpn profile

2. Set "enable OpenVPN config from file" to "on"

3. Upload an OpenVPN config file with "dev tun"

Saved file will have "dev tap" and openvpn configuration page will show TAP. Profile will connect but no traffic will pass because of configuration mismatch.

2 Answers

–1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

The issue did not replicate during my testing.

However, I would like you to send me a troubleshoot file. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. Also could you share your ovpn config file? Since it might contain sensitive information, send it in a private message too.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

Best regards,

by anonymous
We can confirm this on serveral devices. I'm not able to share a troubleshoot file from our production environment but I'll try to setup a sandbox. From my point of view this is really easy to confirm and should also be on your side. Upload any openvpn client config file with dev tun option and compare to the file begin used.
0 votes
by anonymous

Hi, had the same problem with RUT2_R_00.07.03 on a RUT240. Could solve it by upgrading to RUT2_R_00.07.03.1, removing the openvpn config files and uploading it new.
You can try RUT9_R_00.07.03.1 which has a similar changelog than RUT2_R_00.07.03.1