FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
198 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

I am running a RUTX11 with latest firmware RUTX_R_00.07.02.1, however I am having issues using Wifi Calling on my iPhone (Vodafone UK). I can see Wifi Calling is enabled on the iPhone and when trying to make a call it does call the other party, however I hear nothing, no call progress - just silence. Calling my Wife's phone I can see it is ringing on her phone, however when she answers the call nothing is heard and on my iPhone still  says calling - then Call Failed, where as hers thinks it's answered the call.

So as I was sure this was working at some point I downgraded the firmware each version until I hit 00.07.00 - presto! Wifi Calling works fine, however this is a very old firmware and several fixes have been applied (and security updates) so dont really want to leave the Router with this vulnerable version.

Looking at the change logs I can see some big updates i.e OS and fixes etc, however something in these updates has caused Wifi Calling to stop working. I think this is related to the firewall, I have tried adding 500 UDP and 4500 UDP etc to no avail. So anyone have any idea what I can try to troubleshoot the issue? I assume its some sort of NAT/routing issue but not sure how to see what is causing the call to fail.

Normally I would look to tail the firewall output to see what rules could be blocking the connection/port however I cannot get this to show on the RUTX11 ? 

Hopefully someone can help as I live on a Narrowboat and being made of steel causes mobile signals to suffer - Wifi Calling is great when its working ...

Thanks in advance.

by anonymous
I’m having the same problem but with EE in the UK. Much like you, it was working fine and now it doesn’t. I hadn’t considered my RUTX11 until just now.

I can also try the firmware downgrade. I’m currently on the latest of 7.03

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

I suggest you to contact Vodafone to ask for the required ports and/or allowed IP addresses, other firewall settings for the VoWiFi service.

Best regards,

Žygimantas
by anonymous
Hi,

I will attempt to get this, however no ports needed to be configured on the earlier firmware - so I can only assume the rules have been changed in later f/w versions?