FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
133 views 1 comments
by anonymous

Hi I would like to know if it is possible to configure for the following setup.

I have 2 sets of RUT240 & RUTX10.

Between the two RUTX10, i have a radio data link.

I would like to maintain this data link via the the mobile link in the event that the radio link is down and re-estabiilsh the connection when the radio link comes back.

Thanks for your help.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you provide more details on the setup: is the radio link between devices within LAN network, does it provide WAN access or is it a part of the mesh, are you using VPN?

Also, you can establish a radio connection between RUT240s. 

Also, please refer to this video for failover setup on Teltonika devices to see how to configure additional WAN connections in case of the primary failure: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NldACudT9mM.

Depending on your connection medium, RUT240 can work as a wired or wireless WAN failover for your RUTX10 

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous

Hi Žygimantas,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

As of now, nothing is setup yet as I am trying to access the viability of the solution.

Let me try to explain what i trying to achieve.

I have a user that controls a mobile robot via the primary radio link which is an ubiquiti rocket prism 5Ghz Radio. In the event that this radio link is down, i would like for the system to failover to the mobile link so that the user still can maintain control of the mobile robot.

To answer the question:

1. is the radio link between devices within LAN network.
    • Yes it is within the same LAN network
  2. does it provide WAN access
    • Yes, but not necessary
  3. is it a part of the mesh
    • No, it is not part of a mesh network. The net work would be more like a point to multi-point network like the image below
  4. are you using VPN?
    • No, but can be added if required.
  5. Also, you can establish a radio connection between RUT240s.
    • That is true, but we have multiple ethernet devices connected to the RUTX10
Thanks Žygimantas for your help.