FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
877 views 29 comments
by anonymous
Dear Support and Community,

is there a way to assign a ipv6 adress for my RUTx09? Currently i have only the possibility to assign a ipv4 adress.

apn for ipv4: internet.telekom (internet connection working)

apn for ipv6: internet.v6.telekom (internet connection not working)

source: https://telekomhilft.telekom.de/t5/Mobilfunk/Liste-aller-Telekom-Mobilfunk-Zugangspunkte-APNs/ta-p/4400385

Please check the assigned, short documentation file.

Best regards

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Did you set the PDP type option to IPv6 in your mobile interface settings?

Best regards,

Žygimantas
by anonymous

The prefix range is different.

> Router starts with 2a01:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx
> Server starts with 2a00:xxxx:xxxx:xxxx

Without specially crafted routes that won't fly very far ... Are you sure about the 2a00 one ?
>From the server and the PC: can you ping the IPv4 (yes v4) address of the wwan0 interface of the router ?
>From PC it works.
>From Server not working.
Are you using private IPv4 addresses on the lan ?
by anonymous

HI Flebourse,

Without specially crafted routes that won't fly very far ... Are you sure about the 2a00 one ?

Yep i checked it again, it is definetely a different prefix. As i said i can ping from both machines google etc.

>From the server and the PC: can you ping the IPv4 (yes v4) address of the wwan0 interface of the router ?
>From PC it works.
>From Server not working.
Are you using private IPv4 addresses on the lan?
The wwan0 interface shows me within the router only a private ipv4 the global ones are ipv6. But none of them are pingable from the server.
Best regards
Thomas

by anonymous

Yep i checked it again, it is definetely a different prefix. As i said i can ping from both machines google etc.

Ping or ping6 ? The server also ?

>But none of them are pingable from the server.

It should be possible to put the server in DHCPv6 mode in order to get a 2a01: address and the default routes,  and add a 2a00: one on top of it but that depends on the OS itself (Linux: sure, Windows; don't know).

by anonymous

>Ping or ping6 ? The server also ?

both ping and ping6 to google.com is working from both machines.

>It should be possible to put the server in DHCPv6 mode in order to get a 2a01: address and the default routes,  and add a 2a00: one on top of it but >that depends on the OS itself (Linux: sure, Windows; don't know).

It is Debian/Linux OS.

Btw, what is the difference between 2a00 and 2a01 adresses?

by anonymous

Btw, what is the difference between 2a00 and 2a01 adresses?

Both are public as described here I am not aware of any subtleties.