FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
642 views 11 comments
by anonymous
I'm trying to connect to the TRB142 with USB. But the Microsoft Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device does not appear. What can I do?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I have a few questions:

• Are you able to access the WebUI using a browser?
  • Is the device powered on?
  • Did you try other USB ports?
  • Did you try other USB cable?
  • Did you try other laptop/pc?

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous
  • Are you able to access the WebUI using a browser?
    • no
  • Is the device powered on?
    • yes
  • Did you try other USB ports?
    • yes
  • Did you try other USB cable?
    • yes
  • Did you try other laptop/pc?
    • yes

for you information: the strength LED's are flashing constantly...

From my point of view, it just tries to boot, but somehow fails. Is there a way to flash it new? 

by anonymous

Hello,

Here is what you can try:

If none of this helps, there might be some hardware failure and you should return the device.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous

When I'm trying to make a firmware upgrade over the WebUI. I always get the following messages:

Failed to execute template dispatcher target for entry '/admin/system/flashops'.
The called action terminated with an exception:
/usr/lib/lua/5.1/luci/template.lua:97: Failed to execute template 'system/flashops'.
A runtime error occured: [string "/usr/lib/lua/5.1/luci/view/system/flashops...."]:18: attempt to compare nil with number
stack traceback:
	[string "/usr/lib/lua/5.1/luci/view/system/flashops...."]:18: in main chunk
stack traceback:
	[C]: in function 'error'
	/usr/lib/lua/5.1/luci/template.lua:97: in function </usr/lib/lua/5.1/luci/template.lua:85>
	(tail call): ?
	/usr/lib/lua/5.1/luci/dispatcher.lua:845: in function </usr/lib/lua/5.1/luci/dispatcher.lua:844>

What can I do?

by anonymous
I assume you have managed to connect your device via USB.

Which firmware has your device currently installed and which  version are you upgrading to?

Also, which option gives you error messages: update from file or update from server?
by anonymous

Yes, I'm now able to connect to the device via USB. It tells me, that there is TRB1400_SDK_00.01.04.4 installed. For me this is special, since this is a TRB142 Modem. I'm trying to install the latest TRB142 Firmware. But it always tells me "The uploaded image file does not contain a supported format". The option "update from file" gives me the error. Since the modem is not able to connect to the Mobile, that's the only option I have. We could also make a Teamviewer session, the search the problem...

by anonymous

Hello,

Try updating to an older version first, for example, provided in this link and see if that allows you to update. Considering that you are using a really old firmware, the device may simply not allow to perform such a jump.

by anonymous
Tryed now. Without success...
by anonymous

Another link, to an even older version to try is here

by anonymous
Tryed. Without success...
by anonymous

Are you sure your device is TRB142 and not 140 as firmware name suggests that it is from 140?

Try the files in this wiki page: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/TRB142_Legacy_FW_Upgrade_Instructions.

You can also find a similar page for TRB140.

by anonymous
I tryed all the legacy installation for TRB142 and TRB140. Non of them are working. Drives me crazy... Is there a way doing it over command line?