FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
275 views 7 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

On a RUT 240 with the latest firmware RUT2_R_00.07.02.1, when I try to restore a backup that I have just created from the same device it says that the device is not compatible with the backup. When I say the same device I mean the very product that created the backup, not just an identical one.

Please help!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you provide a screenshot of the message?

Are you able to proceed with the backup upload when the message is displayed?

Regards,

Žygimantas
by anonymous

No, after I clicked CLOSE below, I checked and it didn't pick up the configuration I was trying to upload. Yet, again, this is a configuration that I have just downloaded from the actual device I'm trying to upload back to. To make sure that it didn't pick it up despite the error message, I have tried to add one test port forwarding after downloading. But that port forwarding didn't go away after the upload.

by anonymous

Here is the screenshot

by anonymous

Could you restore the device to its factory settings? 

You can perform a factory reset from the router's WebU by navigating to System -> Backup -> Restore default settings.

by anonymous
Hello,

Did you solve this issue?
by anonymous
Hi, unfortunately no, because the device is now in production on a distant site, I can't reset it from afar. However, I was able to upload the same backup to another fresh device. So I don't know what's corrupted about the previous one...

And while I'm here, I have another quick question:

I am using an outside antenna for mobile. However, I have noticed that when I connect it to the left port (the one closest to the wifi antenna) and I leave the other one without antenna, the device can detect mobile networks and get a good signal on them (like -54dB), but it is unable to connect to them. However when I move the antenna to the right port, it works fine. Is that an expected behaviour?
by anonymous

Hello,

There is a difference between the antennas.

If you take a look at the picture below, there is a MAIN and AUX antenna connectors.

The MAIN antenna is used for transmission and reception. If you have one antenna only, that is the connector you connect the antenna to. The AUX antenna is dedicated for reception and diversity, which means, that it allows to improve connection quality and throughput, especially in the areas where the coverage is poor. Thus, the behavior you have described is normal.

Do you have remote access to the device? It would be helpful if you could upload a troubleshoot file from that device.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous
Thanks, that explains. I guess you can now close this case.

Cheers