FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
243 views 10 comments
by anonymous
On the Network->Mobile page there are, on the RUTX12 modem, two tabs for the 2 SIMs, but they are both called 'SIM1 (internal)'. It is unclear which tab belongs to the primary and which to the secondary modem. The order of tabs changes (see also Network->Interfaces; primary and secondary modem).

This is a big problem if the PIN codes between SIMs differ.
by anonymous

We have exactly the same issue with all our RUTX12 units.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

There is a picture with the modems layout Status -> Network -> Mobile section at the bottom of the page.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous
I know. How does that answer my question?
by anonymous

Could you provide a screenshot of the Network -> Mobile section?

Also, which firmware version are you using?

Best regards

by anonymous

Screenshot below, firmware version 7.01.4, but 7.02.1 has the same problem.

Screenshot

by anonymous

Hi,

I would like you to update to the latest firmware - 7.02.1.

Make the same screenshot, attach it to your question by editing it and also add a troubleshoot file. To generate one, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

I will forward these details to the development department.

Best regards, 

Žygimantas

by anonymous
The report above is sufficient. Sorry, not going to do more.
by anonymous
In order to investigate the issue you have, information in troubleshoot file is necessary, as it contains logs, device settings, configuration and hardware details.
by anonymous

Example of this reversed tabs:

Reversed tabs

The tab on the right is clearly the primary modem, but there is no way to see this (other than that we have the primary configured LTE only and secondary automatic. That's the way I noticed).

So, to make the questions absolutely crystal clear: How can I see which modem a tab in this screen pertains to? The tabs have identical titles.

by anonymous

Hello,

What you see is an incorrect representation of the modems.

The correct view is below: 

I would like you to try to reset the device to the factory defaults. Options to do it can be found in the following link: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUTX12_Device_Recovery_Options#Factory_reset.

Moreover, to report this issue to the development department, it would be very helpful if you submitted troubleshoot file from your device. Instructions to generate the file are provided in one of my previous comments.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous

The bug is in /usr/lib/lua/./ubus/ui.lua . It uses the routername to determine whether it's running on a RUTX12 or not:

local function check_modem(uci, modemId, modems)
        for _, modem in ipairs(modems) do
                if modemId == modem.id then
                        if modem.builtin == 1 then
                                if uci:get("system", "system", "routername") == "RUTX12" then
                                        return (modem.primary == 1) and modemTitles.primary or modemTitles.secondary
                                else
                                        return modemTitles.internal
                                end
                        end
                end
        end
        return modemTitles.external
end

In our modems: uci get system.system.routername yields OscarWildeWAN which is a name we use to distinguish between modems when being logged in over ssh.

You could instead use something similar to /usr/lib/lua/vuci/container.lua: ubus call gcont get '{"array":"modems"}' or uci get system.system.device_code which is 'RUTX1200XXXX' on all RUTX12's I have here.

My pleasure.