FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
163 views 1 comments
by anonymous
I just bought a RUT240 - am considering them for a fleet of 50 rental boats.  I got it yesterday, put in an ATT simcard, and had it working quickly out of the box.  Today, I plugged it in to do some more testing and it will not pick up cell service.  The three lights next to signal strength just flash randomly (sometimes they are all lit, sometimes just one, sometimes none) but at no point do I see signal strength lights turn on.  It worked yesterday, what could have happened between now and then?  Is there a way to hard reset this thing?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

The LED lights blinking is a sign of problem to establish a mobile connection. You can see the description for the behavior of the LED lights on the following wikipage:

RUT240 LEDs - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

Have you checked what firmware version your device is using? I suggest updating to the latest version (RUT2_R_00.07.02.1). For this you can go to option System > Firmware > Flash New Firmware Image and update from the server or from a file you can download on the following wikipage: 

RUT240 Firmware Downloads - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)

As for reset options, you can do a factory reset by pressing the reset button on the back panel of RUT240 for at least 5 seconds. You can check the available recovery options on the following wikipage:

RUT240 Device Recovery Options - Teltonika Networks Wiki (teltonika-networks.com)  

Kind regards.

by anonymous
FYI I had the same problem, it wouldn't pick up the networks until I manually searched for them. Upgrading to the latest firmware fixed the problem. But now I have a backup restore problem in that latest firmware...