FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
614 views 6 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I am in Ireland trying to prepare 3  x RUT240's purchased in the US to be used in the US. I have upgraded all 3 to latest RUT2_R_00.07.02.1.

Firstly none of the 3 devices will connect to mobile provider in Ireland using a known good SIM, I suspect this is to be expected, can anyone confirm?

With one of the RUT240 reports SIM "Not Inserted" this is with a SIM that is reported as inserted in the other two RUT240's. As mentioned the device has been upgraded and I have also reset to factory defaults. I assume this a HW fault is there anything else I can do to confirm this theory? Or recover this situation?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Modems used in European an American regions differ in their supported frequency bands as well as certifications, thus device manufactured to be used in America is unlikely to work in Ireland via mobile connectivity. 

Regarding your SIM "Not Inserted" issue, I would like you to send me a troubleshoot file. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous
Thanks for your prompt response I'm messaged you the logs requested
by anonymous

One more question:

Does the RUT240 in question recognize other SIMs as inserted?

As for the suggestions:

Try rebooting the modem. Login to the WebUI, navigate to Status -> Network -> Mobile. There you can reboot modem.

Reset the device to factory defaults. Navigate to System -> Backup -> Restore default settings, press Restore to factory defaults button.

Lastly, try rebooting device modem's firmware. Before attempting the update, you need to connect your router a different WAN source, either wired or wireless. The procedure is as follows: 

Access your device via SSH and execute the following commands:

• opkg update
  • opkg install modem_updater
  • opkg install sshfs
  • modem_updater -g
  • The last command will list available firmware versions. Next modify the following command:
  • modem_updater -i <ID> -v <VERSION>
    • <ID> - should be 1-1, however, in case of an error you should be shown a correct ID.
    • <VERSION> - enter the latest firmware version from the list of the previously executed command, currently it should be EC25ECGAR06A12M1G, though it depends on the modem version.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous
No progress. Tried two further known good SIMs.

Rebooted modem as suggested

Reset to factory defaults

Performed modem upgrade as suggested. I will msg you terminal logs and Troubleshooting logs. note latest modem version was EC25AFAR05A07M4G_30_2

Let me know what you suggest!
by anonymous
In the latter logs you have provided, there is a modem disconnect detected for more than five minutes, which would indicate issues with the modem module itself. Thus in this case, and considering the already taken actions, the suggestion would be to return the device, either for  repair or replacement.

Best regards,

Žygimantas
by anonymous
Žygimantas,

Many thanks for all your help.

The device was purchased in the US, via Amazon do I have to return it via them or can I send it direct to you/Teltonika?

cheers

Trev
by anonymous
Hello,

Return it to your direct reseller, Amazon.

Best regards