FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
288 views 6 comments
by anonymous
Hi to all,

I purchased the a.m. RUT a few days ago and updated it to the latest firmware.

I am not able to activate a SIM card in slot 2. I put a SIM in slot 1 and it worked fine, but the same SIM does not work in SIM slot 2. The same for another SIM.

In the right side menu the SIM icon 1 is green, but the icon for SIM 2 is gray.

Is there anything that I have to prepare to activate the SIM slot 2?

Is the slot damaged?

Appreciate any suggestion to solve this issue.

BR Kars Ten

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Greetings, 

Thank you for your question.

You can only use one SIM card slot at the time(Excluding RUTX12 which has dual modem), second slot is used for either Failover or Load balancing features. SIM1 slot is the MAIN SIM interface by default, if you wish to use SIM2 slot as MAIN, you need to select such option in WebUI -> Network -> Mobile -> General -> SIM2 and enable Default SIM or, alternatively, execute the following command in the command line interface:

uci set simcard.@sim[0].primary='0' && uci set simcard.@sim[1].primary='1' && uci commit

Best regards.

Best answer
by anonymous
Thank you very much for your fast and precise answer.

I tried both above described options, failover to SIM 2 slot and SIM 2 slot as Main SIM. In both cases SIM 2 did not work, even after 5 minutes and more.

Do I have to wait longer?

BR Karsten
by anonymous

After doing the changes, make sure you restart the modem by going to WebUI -> Status -> Network -> Mobile and clicking REBOOT MODEM at the bottom right. In the same window, you should see which sim card slot is in use. If it says SIM2 and it still does not work, double check if both of your mobile antennas are screwed in properly. If it still does not work please replicate the issue and attach a troubleshoot file. You can download a troubleshoot file in WebUI System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot

Best regards.

by anonymous
Hi,

I tried a lot of options but all did not work.

I uploaded the troubeshoot file, please check.

Best regards
by anonymous

Greetings,

As I can see from your troubleshoot file, sim1 is currently set as primary. Please make sure SIM2 is set as primary (WebUI -> Network -> General -> SIM2) - as described here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT956_Mobile#SIM_card_settings and reattach the troubleshoot file.

*Please note that it is very important that you download a troubleshoot file AFTER you set SIM2 as primary, in other words -

• insert your sim card to 2nd slot on the device;
  • set sim2 as primary(make sure you click SAVE & APPLY);
  • Go to WebUI System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot, redownload the file and attach it here.

Best regards.

by anonymous
Hi,
Thank you very much for your support.

I set the SIM2 to default, downloaded the troubleshoot file and uploaded it.

Best regards
by anonymous
Good Morning,
I updated to the latest frimware version RUT9M_R_00.07.02.3 and it works now, thank you.
I have another issue with the DDNS now, but I opened another case for that.

BG