FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
717 views 5 comments
by anonymous
Hey,

I have set up an VPN Server on a RUT240. Now I want to connect another RUT240 Router as a client to this VPN network. I have followed the instructions according to this example: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/OpenVPN_configuration_examples

Because the router that functions as the VPN server has a mobile sim card and therefore no own public IPv4 address, I wanted to use its IPv6-address. So I entered the IPv6 address in the settings of the VPN client under "Remote host/IP address", but somehow my client does not want to connect to the VPN server.

Is it possible to use the IPv6 address for connecting to the VPN server? What could be the problem?

Thanks and greets,

Silvan

1 Answer

0 votes
by

Hi Silvan,

Yes, you can use IPv6 in the “Remote host/IP address” section.

Select UDP protocol on both ends. Access the CLI and check the configuration with:

cat /etc/config/openvpn

Look for: option proto 'udp6' 

In case setting appears as option proto ‘udp’, open the file and edit it.

Note: To open a file with vi for editing. Press ‘i’, to enter INSERT mode, and start editing file. Press Esc to exit INSERT mode. Press ‘:x’ and 'Enter'. Changes will be saved.

Verify this on both ends, udp6 must be configured on client and server.

Kind Regards 

Anthony U.

by anonymous

Thanks a lot! I did this but now I receive the following error message:

Tue Jun 28 13:01:19 2022 daemon.err openvpn(Alfen_CL)[15956]: write UDP: Permission denied (code=13)

This error only shows up, when I use an IPv6 address.

Best regards,

Silvan

by

Hi Silvan,

Can you share a Troubleshoot file via a private message? 

Regards

by
Hi Silvan,

Seems you have the Private message disable. Please check your profile to enable it.

Regards
by anonymous
Sorry, my bad! I enabled private messages now.

best regards,
Silvan
by
Hi Silvan,

I find in your config file that proto is still set to UDP. Make sure you save the conf file.

Regards