FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
545 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hello! I have RUT240 (RUT2_R_00.07.02.1). This is the backup device for 4G internet in remote locations (like having internet on out booth during summer events). The wifi is very bad. I have Lenovo laptop, iPhone and few iPads. Wifi is completely unpredictable. Sometimes it is possible to connect only from windows laptop. Sometimes it is possible to connect only from iPhone. Sometimes it is not possible to connect from any device. I have added a second wifi usb adapter to laptop, and sometimes it is possible to connect form only one of them, sometimes it is not possible to connect at all. 

RUT240 has a almost default configuration and latest firmware. I have left the original RUT240_XXXX network and added a new one ("My Wi-Fi"). The same issue with both networks. 

Sometimes rebooting resolves the issue. Sometimes it resolves the connection problem only on some devices (like laptop can connect, but iPhone no).

Is it a normal behavior for RUT240 device? How to solve the problem?

PS: I have Mikrotik router at home. In last 4 years i have never had any issues with its wifi. Always available, always works.

by anonymous
Deleted.

My problem was caused by having two dhcp servers in same network.

Edit on 18/07/1022: well, I though I found the problem but the disconnects/reconnects are still happening.
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you generate a troubleshoot file. Please, replicate the issue, then access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there.

Best regards,

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
The problem was caused by having two DHCP servers in same network.