FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
410 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Hello,

I have faced this problem 3 times now, so there is definitely a pattern.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Unbox a brand new factory fresh RUTX11
2. Boot up the unit, log in to web UI
3. See that it is running firmware RUTX_R_00.02.05.2 [modem fw EG06ALAR02A07M4G]
4. Go directly to System -> Firmware (do not make any other changes)
5. Check server, see that update to RUTX_R_00.07.02.1 is available
6. Begin OTA upgrade
7. After several minutes, device does not reboot properly and is now bricked

Next, we try the bootloader recovery:

1. Download RUTX_R_00.07.02.1_WEBUI.bin from here
2. Enter recovery mode (holding reset button while powering up for 6 sec)
3. Attempt to upload / update firmware
4. Wait several minutes
5. Unsuccessful, device remains bricked and will not boot. Not responsive to ping 192.168.1.1 etc.

Details:

• Batch 0025
  • Hardware revision 0808

Workaround:

I found that if we update first to RUTX_R_00.07.01.2 and only after that continue to update to R_00.07.02.1, the update can succeed.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
I've just run into the same problem on a 2nd hand X11:- reset to factory settings, upgrade firmware -> X11 seems unresponsive.  When powering up, RJ45 green LEDs flash in sequence, and power LED remains on throughout, but that is all. I've yet to try the bootloader.
Any advice on recovering devices like this, or have I just thrown a wad of cash down the drain by using Teltonika's UI?
by anonymous
Jon

I suggest trying to use bootloader (plug in power cord while holding reset pin in for 6 seconds) and then go to 192.168.1.1 and try uploading the latest "production" bin firmware from the site above. After that you can try updating to the latest. It worked for me. Good luck.

Still hoping to hear an official word from Teltonika on why upgrading directly to latest is bricking the device.
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for your observation and a detailed report.

The issue has been reported to the RnD department to investigate. I will return once they provide more details.

Best regards,

Žygimantas
by anonymous

Thank you @ZygimantasBliu

I see there is a new version that has replaced both "Mass production" and "Latest" as of this morning: RUTX_R_00.07.02.2

I will test with this version.

by anonymous
The issue should be solved in the upcoming RUTX_R_00.07.02.4 version.
by anonymous
Ok thanks. I will wait for that version to appear and test again.