FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
214 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

At the moment i am using a script to change the passwords of the rut and it works till 7.01.4.

Since 7.2 the script does work but the password only changes in SSH and not in the webui anymore.

Did anything change since 7.2?

BR,

Tansu
by anonymous

Thanks.  I just hit this issue with a TRB140 and this was most helpful.yes

I also found that to disable the web UI popup that prompts you to change your password, previously on firmware TRB1_R_00.02.06.1 you would run:

uci delete luci.main.firstlogin

But now with latest firmware TRB1_R_00.07.02.4 you must run:

uci delete vuci.main.firstlogin

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

I assume you are using a passwd command to change the password. The command indeed does change only the SSH login password, not the WebUI. I will report this to the development department for more details.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

Best answer
by anonymous
Hi,

Yes indeed by passwd commands.

i added more rules to define root passwd and admin passwd so it changes in ssh and webui.

Br,

Tansu
by anonymous
Below is the feedback from RnD:

In later firmwares we separated root and admin users (with ssh you use root and with WebUI you use admin). When changing password in WebUI, the password is changed for both root and admin. If you want to change the password in terminal, when executing passwd command, you must give an argument of username (root or admin) e.x. passwd root and later passwd admin.

Best regards,

Žygimantas