FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
425 views 7 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I can't seem to be able to access web ui from eht0 with a wired connection.
Can access it trough usb and ssh. But not with eth0.

Is it just not possible?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

I will assume this happened on the new device that you haven't touched yet internally.

An easier way to upgrade the firmware would be not through CLI, but through Bootloader menu where your old settings will be wiped and your router should boot like-new device and have updated firmware on startup.

I'm not sure why this would happen at all what happened to you, but let's hope update through bootloader should work this out.

by anonymous
Hi,
I was not looking at upgrading the firmware. And i do not have issues with the webui on usb (Lan)
For our enviornment I need to be able to access the webui from the ethernet port and not through usb.

I'm currently trying to configure a new interface that will use the eth0 nic as i belive that is the physical ethernet port on the TRB140?

I can upgrade the firmware just in case if it's not the newest firmware
by anonymous
Normally with a firmware update, these issues are solved. What firmware are you currently using?
by anonymous
Was using 7.02.1 i belive but it's updating to the latest as we speak :)
by anonymous

The latest is TRB1_R_00.07.02.3. You can download it here

On the other hand, you can also try restarting the web interface services as follows. /etc/init.d/uhttpd restart

Have you tried to log in and entered the wrong password several times? In that case, maybe your PC's IP is blocked.

by anonymous
I can access the webui with the usb. I'm in currently the ui. I have upgraded to 7.02.3. Still having the same issue with eth01 interface.

Still no connection. Only change is that I now have some TX values. But still no RX values.
I have looked through the wiki pages and other questions here. But have not found anything to suggest that I should not be able to just access the webui from the wired lan port. The configuration is currently that this will be only used to send texts from within a test enviornment. It does not provide dhcp or stuff like that.

To just repeat myself. I have access to the webui with the usb. However I want to connect to the webui from the physical Lan port, rj45, ethernet. I have made a new interface in the webui. Given that interface an ip, networkmask and gateway. And chosen the eth0 physical port. Saved the changes. I connect an ethernet cable to my computer. Set that networkcard on my pc to an ip in the same range as the new interface I made on the TRB140. And try to connect to the webui. But I get no connection and no ping, no ssh.

What can I try?
by anonymous

You do not need to create another interface. You must be able to log in through the LAN interface. You can delete that interface and configure on your laptop an IP in the range of 192.168.2.0/24. That way you should be able to log in to 192.168.2.1. 

If you still can't. Can you send me the troubleshooting file for the device? You can get it via System→Administration→Troubleshoot

by anonymous
Kinda got a little obsessed with using the new interface because I did not think the default "Lan" interface could connect with both the usb and the physical ethernet port. I thought they had sepperate configs. I changed the default lan interface to the ip i wanted and then it worked. It was probably fixed by the firmware upgrade. My collegue had tried changing the default ip for ages on the default lan configuration. Thanks!