FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
293 views 6 comments
by anonymous
After a power-on the router in my camper, I have outgoing internet connection problems somehow... LAN and WLAN is affected. Inbound VPN connection traffic works pretty fine, webif and devices in the network are accessable.

To get the outgoing internet connection working back again, I have always hit the Save & Apply button under Network -> Mobile -> General.
In the logfile you can find this save & apply around 12:29.

Any ideas? Before this major firmware update everything was working without any issues here.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I would like you to try the following. The next time you start having issues with the internet access the router via CLI/SSH (you can use CLI in WebUI or download PuTTy client) and enter the following command: 

• ip -4 rule delete $(ip -4 rule show| grep 2062 | cut -d":" -f 2)

Post if it helps.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

Best answer
by anonymous
Thanks for you help.. It looks like that the issue is gone now.
by anonymous
Sorry, it looks like that LAN connection is working only. Over Wifi I don't have any internet connection. Any further ideas?
by anonymous
Ok, got it now.. Removing the particual route is not permanent.. After a reboot the route is there again.

By removing this route the internet connection over WiFi is also working. Is there any permanent solution available? Can I restore to the default settings or is there a downgrade neccessary?
by anonymous

Hello,

The issue is being worked on.

One thing you can try is to connect to the device via SSH and add the previous command in the /etc/rc.local file using a text editos, for example vi. However, I assume that you might have internet access for a short while once the router boots up, thus this might not work all the time.

If you have no specific configurations or features available only in 7.02, I suggest to downgrade to RUTX_R_00.07.01.4 as this version seems to be without this issue.

Best regards,

Žygimantas 

by anonymous
I added the command into the /etc/local.rc. But this command will not be executed during boot up somehow.

# Put your custom commands here that should be executed once
# the system init finished. By default this file does nothing.

ip -4 rule delete $(ip -4 rule show| grep 2062 | cut -d":" -f 2)

exit 0

Firmware downgrade seems to be also not working. Uploading is running in a long loop at the end with failed to upload selected file message.

EDIT:

Ok, I managed to get the firmware downgrade working. it looks like that the CLI and the firmware updates is not working over external VPN connection. Using a direct WiFi connection to the router the upgrade was working.
by anonymous

Put the following commands in /etc/mwan3.user:

[ "$ACTION" == "ifup" ] && [ "$DEVICE" == "wwan0" ] && {
       ip -4 rule show | grep 2062 && ip -4 rule delete $(ip -4 rule show | grep 2062 | cut -d":" -f 2)                                                           
       ip -6 rule show | grep 2062 && ip -6 rule delete $(ip -6 rule show | grep 2062 | cut -d":" -f 2)                                                           
}

They will be executed each time the link restarts.