FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
323 views 2 comments
by anonymous
I have a rut240 with openVPN installed.

I use the vpn for a helium miner but would like to also use the router to connect my laptop to the internet without having to go through the vpn.

Are there any tutorials/documents showing how to "bypass" the vpn either by wifi or by using the other ethernet port. I am not a technician, but have a little bit of working knowledge regarding networking.

Hopefully someone knows a workaround.

Thank you

Muda

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hey, 

Normally when you establish a connection as an OpenVPN client on our devices, they don't send the internet traffic or all the traffic over the VPN. Normally if you want to do this you have to do some routing modifications on the device. 

In other words, you are probably not sending Internet traffic over the VPN. You can verify this through Status→Routes in the IPV4-ROUTES you can see which IPV4-GATEWAY the address 0.0.0.0.0 points to. This will tell you where the traffic is going out to the Internet. In case your OpenVPN configuration is sending all traffic over the VPN. You should remove the default route and add another one with the interface you want to use. 

by anonymous
Hey,

Thanks for the prompt reply, It does look as though all the traffic is going through the vpn. Can you tell me what is the easiest way to configure the wifi traffic to bypass the vpn? If you could even point me in the right direction I would be most grateful.

Thank you for the response

Muda
by anonymous

Can you share with me the troubleshooting file of the device? You can get this from System→Administration→Troubleshoot.

There I can see your IP addresses, Interfaces and I can guide you on what configuration you should do.