FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
221 views 6 comments
by anonymous
Hi guys

i bought a RUT950 two weeks ago and this weekend I tested it the First time.

everything seems to work fine but the RUT950 reboots all 5 to 10 minutes automaticly.

The latest Firmware is installed.

Any ideas what could course this reboots?

Thanks

Michael

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

You can try several things:

Otherwise, if the issue persists and it only occurs on a single device, you should return the device. The warranty process is described here.

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous

Dear Žygimantas,

thank you. Login to CLI ist no problem, but could you shortly explain how to set panic_on_oops to 0?

Thanks,

Michael

by anonymous

Hello,

Enter the following command:

• printf 0 > /proc/sys/kernel/panic_on_oops

Best regards

by anonymous

Thanks, I have done that. How can I double check that it works fine and what was the default entry? 1?

I changed the wireless network (FACHBACH06) which was connected to the WAN interface yesterday evening to an other one (SPIRITOFAFRICA_2G) and no restarts occoured until now. Same if I use SIM connection (LTE) for WAN access.
It seems that the RUT is only getting into trouble when I connect the WAN interface with one specific wireless network (FACHBACH06).

Maybe the panic_on_oops option will help for that.

Thanks

by anonymous

I found how to check the config:

sysctl kernel.panic_on_oops

and then it is 0 but after restart it is 1 again, how can I save it as persistent?

by anonymous

Add the line from above in the web interface System -> Custom scripts. The value will be set to 0 after each reboot. 

by anonymous
Great thank you !!!