FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
208 views 5 comments
by anonymous
Hi

I have problem with my RUT950, but only if I use firmwares 06.08.2 and onwards.

Router works completely fine, but every 10hrs or so it becomes irresponsive. Mobile data is disconnected and I cant see any infornation when I look on status page on web gui. Only solution is to restart router. I found out that its about 10hrs periods after I set ping reboot. I am not sure if this is caused by mobile operator, maybe they have some lease time...

But still router works just fine with older firmwares no dissconections no irresponsive episodes.

Does anyone have similar problems or idea what can I try?

I can still use older firmwares, but still would like to try new releases and its interesting that noone on this forum has reported this issue.

Thanks
by anonymous
Hi

I have tried all firmwares from 06.07.5 onwards and last one wich router runs more than 10hrs is 06.07.7. Latest one 06.09.2 is even more strange because after restart sometimes router doesnt want to make mobile connection.

I have tried to configure reboot on different ways, but only complete reboot helps.

When I look on device info and product code, it doesnt contain G1 at all.

I will do as instructed and download trubleshoot file, it will just take some time as I dont want to distrupt so much internet on site. I am back now to firmware 6.07.7, I will try again with newer firmware.

Thanks
by anonymous

Since your router does not contain mentioned G1, the latest firmware you can upload to is 07.02.3, which you can download here, unless you have a specific reason no to switch to the new WebUI design.

I suggest to try that, and, before updating, please disable Keep settings option. 

If mobile does not connect, you may need to update internal modem firmware, for witch I will send instructions if required.

Best regards

by anonymous
Hi

Sorry for missunderstanding, it looks like my router is G1 as it doesnt accept new web ui design. I can not see G1 in "product code" when I look on device information.

As for modem firmware update, can I still update it and use old web ui design?

If so please send me instructions I can try with that, maybe connection will not stop every 10hrs...

Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Could you clarify if the unresponsiveness apply to the mobile connectivity only or the router itself?

In ping reboot, you can simply configure a modem reboot or force the device to reregister to the network in case of connectivity loss, instead of the whole device reboot.

It might be helpful, if you could replicate the issue and generate a troubleshoot file. To generate one, access router's WebUI, go to System -> Administration > Troubleshoot section and download troubleshoot file from there. 

Best regards,

Žygimantas

by anonymous

Hi

Thanks for reply

Unresponsivnes is partial

I can access router thru web page, but I cant see anything on status page. 

I can not donwload trubleshoot file, I can access trubleshoot seetings but when I click on download it waits forewer.

Dont know if troubleshoot file is good for you after reboot?

On status pages

I can not access pages like Device, Network, on System informstion page everything is empty. 

I can access events log normally, but nothing special I can see there that is happen. Its still logging things...Last thing on mobile data is last time it Connected, I cant see dissconection.

I can reboot it thru web gui.

Like I said its somehow partial

I can try with "Restart mobile connection" on auto reboot page to see what will happen in 10hrs.

Problem occures almost exactly after 10hrs

by anonymous

Hello,

What was the latest firmware version, which you have tried?

Also could you check and tell, if your router's product code contains these characters: RUT950 *G1***

As for the troubleshoot, you can try the following. Access the router via CLI or SSH (instructions on how to do it are provided here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Command_Line_Interfaces#CLI_.28WebUI.29) and enter the following command:

• troubleshoot.sh

It should take a few moments for the command to complete, you might receive an error such as Command failed: Not found, however, you should notice that you are not able to enter other commands before the script is finished. 

Next you will need to connect to the router using WinSCP application and copy the file from tmp folder to your PC. For instructions, refer here.

Best regards